Cross Stitch at the Stitchin Den
The Stitchin Den has an ENTIRE FLOOR devoted to Needlework
Cross stitch is beautiful and easy to learn. Your project is worked from a chart onto fabric by counting for placement. These projects can be as easy or as challenging as you want them to be.
The Stitchin’ Den offers great ideas, projects, fibers, fabric and notions.
Want to know more?
Come on in and chat with one of the staff at The Stitchin’ Den.
We are the proud and happy shop keepers of a wonderful space just for our stitching customers. Our Needlework space is larger and filled to the brim with fantastic and ever-expanding line of canvases, charts, kits, and fibers for all your cross stitch, needlepoint, and stitching needs. We are also carrying beautiful handmade and vintage buttons. Come check it out!
We have a Street Level Entrance for your convenience!
Located on the ground-level of The Courtyard Shops, we are pleased to now offer a street-level entrance for your convenience. The needlework floor is connected interiorly to the rest of the shop and is only a short distance away from the knitting and yarn floors.
Please come in and welcome this great new addition to The Stitchin’ Den!
- Waverly Wool by Brown Sheep
- DMC Pearl Cotton
- DMC Floss
- Water Colors
- Water Lilies
- River Silk Ribbon
- Silk and Ivory
- Kreinik metallic blending filaments and braids
- French Knots are easy and a great way to accent your stitching. They can be worked in clusters or alone. One color or a bunch. One texture or more. They can be an eye on a critter or a center of a flower. They can add color and texture to any piece.
- Bring your needle up to the right side of the fabric.
- Twist the thread once around the needle. Some say to wrap the thread around more than once. Others say wrapping it multiple times result in a knot being too bulky.
- Hold onto the needle and thread firmly but not too tightly.
- Insert the needle back into the fabric in the same spot, or right next to the same spot.
- Pull the thread through the fabric.
Let us know what interests you or your group have. We specialize in birthday parties, showers or any type of get together.