Estes Park, CO has been summoning us here with its own special magic for decades. The Stitchin’ Den presents the 2020 this Quilt Challenge as a way for you to express what you like best about Estes Park.
Grab this opportunity to present your own artwork of your Best of Estes. What does “Best of Estes” mean to you? Is there a memory you have built here? An exciting plan for the future? A favorite restaurant, shop, ice cream flavor? Have you taken a perfect photograph here that could inspire an 18” quilt? Who is your best wildlife friend? Is there a wildflower that pops up in the spring or summer that you have waited all winter to reunite with? Do you have a family tradition that epitomizes the “Best of Estes” for you? A favorite campsite, festival, hike, bike or walk? How about a special slice of our history? Do you have a favorite legend, landmark or historical figure that you associate with the very “Best of Estes”? We are so excited to fill our shop with your quilt artwork that celebrates this amazing town that we all love in so may ways. Help us to celebrate the “Best of Estes” by entering our contest. Showcase your work in our shop and show all our visitors what is so special to you about this place. This is the perfect opportunity to show off your own unique quilting and textile artistry in a small and manageable scale. Embrace the challenge of incorporating three beautiful fabrics from The Stitchin’ Den, specially chosen to accentuate our natural beauty and jump start your creativity. We have three colorways available, each inspired by a different season. We can’t wait to see where you take them and how far you can go!
- The theme of the competition is "Best of Estes". Your quilt entry must measure 18” x 18” (finished quilt with all decoration, binding, additional fibers, etc.). Finished quilt means front, backing and some technique for finishing edges. Any 3D effects must not interfere with the quilt back hanging flat. Your quilt entry be an original work of art. Caution: using proper names may infringe on copyright protections. It is your own responsibility to secure permissions for copyrighted or trademarked imagery or names.
- Each quilt entry must have a sleeve (for hanging) attached to the top back. 2” x 18”.
- Please attach a description label on the back with designers name and phone number. We recommend that fabric labels be attached before quilting.
- Only one entry per person.
- The Stitchin' Den staff has selected 3 seasonal fat quarter bundles for you to chose from. These bundles have seasonal names, but your interpretation of "Best of Estes" does not need to be influenced by the name of the bundle you choose. You must choose and use one of the three bundles in your quilt. Our bundles include three different fat quarters.Your quilt must use all three FQ’s in a way that is recognizable and significant. You may use additional fabrics and fibers as you choose. Bundles are limited, so early selection is recommended. No substitutions will be permitted.
- Bundle choices are:
- Cream, Green, Wildflowers ("Spring/Summer")
- Green, Yellow Aspen, Red ("Fall")
- Green Ponderosa, Beige, Navy ("Winter")
- Your quilt entry must be at The Stitchin’ Den by October 30th.
- If you are planning to ship your entry, please note that USPS does not deliver to the shop, your quilt must be sent through a carrier that delivers to our physical address. (165 Virginia Dr. Estes Park, CO 80517). A postage paid, padded envelope must accompany the quilt if you would like it to be returned via shipping.
06-01-20: Our competition begins.
09-30-20: Last day to purchase fat quarter bundles.
10-30-20: Deadline to enter your quilt. Last day to bring quilt in to The Stitchin' Den. Quilts received after 10-30-2020 will be disqualified.
11-16-20 to 05-15-21: Quilts will be on display at The Stitchin' Den.
3-29-21: Customer voting ends at 5 pm.
04-05-21: Our winner will be announced!
08-15-21: Deadline to pick up quilts. Winning quilts will remain on display. (Other entries may be picked up beginning 05-16-21.)
11-01-21: Winning quilts may be picked up until 11-30-2021.
Customer voting will count for 50% , one vote per customer.
Staff voting will count for 50%
Customer voting ends March 29th, 2021, at 5pm
Disclaimer: Quilts will be displayed inside The Stitchin’ Den.
The Stitchin’ Den has the right to publish picture of entry quilt, designer's name, city, state, country information.
Please do not post any pictures of your entry quilt on the contest has ended.
The Stitchin’ Den will not be responsible for damage or lost quilts.